If you have acne prone skin, you know that finding the right makeup and skincare products is a challenge. Every product seems to make your skin worse. But don’t give up! There are products out there that will help you look and feel your best. Here are some tips from an expert on how to create a makeup regime for acne prone skin.
The Importance of a Daily Skincare Routine for Acne Prone Skin
A daily skincare routine for people with acne should include cleansing, exfoliating, toning, and moisturizing. It doesn’t sound like much but it can be time consuming! Some dermatologists recommend simple cleansers that are non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores) while others encourage specialized products including salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. When choosing what kind of skincare products to use, do not forget to always avoid ingredients that irritate your skin. Finally, the most important tip is to keep it simple! Use as few different products as you can so you can find out what works best for your skin and prevent irritation, redness, and peeling.
Why Do You Need to Clean Your Face Twice Daily with a Gentle Cleanser?
Cleansing your face regularly removes excess oil, dirt, and makeup that accumulate during the day – especially important if you wear a full coverage foundation which tends to be heavier than other makeup types. Daily cleaning also helps remove dead cells on the surface of your skin (exfoliation), unclog pores (deep pore cleansing), and help control acne breakouts.
Steps to Follow for Makeup on Acne Prone Skin
Here are the steps you need to take for makeup on acne prone skin:
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly before applying makeup. This will help remove any dirt or oil that may be clogging your pores.
- Look for the best face primers for acne prone skin that are available in the market. Apply it on your face and blend it well with your fingertips and let it absorb into your skin before applying foundation. This will help to create a smooth surface for your makeup to adhere to.
- Choose a foundation that is oil-free and specifically designed for acne-prone skin.
- Use a concealer to cover up any blemishes or redness. It will help in hiding all the acne spots and scars.
- Apply powder liberally to help keep your makeup in place all day long.
- Set your makeup with a fixing spray and let it dry out completely.
- Finish your look by applying blush or bronzer to give your skin a healthy glow.
- Make sure to remove all makeup at the end of the day.